If an order is not being filled then it does not match any price/quantity in the market. For instance, if you are requesting to buy at $12 and people are only selling at $12.50 your order will not be filled, until someone is selling at $12 a quantity superior or equal than what you were buying. A buy or sell order must match a similar order in the market, otherwise it will not be filled.
Articles in this section
- How are instructions executed on Gatecoin?
- Time and Price between Virtual Currency and Fiat
- Can I pay for a trade to receive priority over other trades?
- What happens to outstanding orders in cases of a system disruption or malfunction?
- What happens if my limit order or market order exceeds the amount of available purchase price?
- What are confirmation times and how long do confirmations take?
- Why are buys and credits disabled on my account?
- What is an order book?
- What are market orders?
- What are limit orders?