To help drive innovation in the blockchain industry, Gatecoin is committed to support high value projects. We are genuinely open to interact with project founders and cryptocurrency creators that would like to have their token/coin listed on Gatecoin. We also listen to the community and select projects that we believe are unique, innovative, disruptive, and that are expected to drive strong market demand.
Our team conducts thorough due diligence on each project before deciding to support them.
As part of the full listing review, a token/coin must successfully fulfill the range of criteria we present hereafter in this document.
If you would like us to assess the listing of your token/coin on our platform, please send all the relevant documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Should the project meets our criteria, we will be very happy to get in touch with your team to discuss the next steps.
Gatecoin Asset Listing Framework
Two stages are considered by Gatecoin to decide whether a token/coin can be listed on our platform.
Stage 1: Assessment of the underlying asset nature
This is an initial review to categorically reject any asset that could be assimilated to a security.
Under Hong Kong legislation, Gatecoin is not entitled to trade any asset that could be assimilated to a security. We will only review projects that are not considered as a security in Hong Kong and the jurisdiction where the project operates from.
*If your company is not incorporated in Hong Kong, we will require a legal opinion stating that the token cannot be classified as a security in the jurisdiction that the project operates in. We will then do our own assessment comparing the document provided by the project with Hong Kong requirements.
Stage 2: Project due diligence
To have a better understanding of the project, Gatecoin requires all tokens/coins to submit an application form. This form will demand extensive information about the project that will be used to process thorough due diligence.
It is for us important to understand the nature of the business, founding principles, architecture, mission and vision. Gatecoin will thoroughly evaluate the application to understand the strategy and to ensure that it is achievable. Here is a non-exhaustive list of the information and questions that we would require the project to address:
- Project name
- Type of asset (e.g. new blockchain asset, ERC20, XTZ tokens)
- Asset ticker
- Link to website
- Link to whitepaper
- Github repository
- Clear timeline with stages of development, project milestones roadmap or built-in development incentives
- Articulate vision, strategy, and rationale to issue tokens using blockchain or Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT)
- Purpose and need of issuing a token
- Rationale to be listed on Gatecoin
Token economics and business model
There are many different possible token structures and business models. It is crucial for us to understand the fundamental difference between these models and assess if they are applicable to the project. Here is a non-exhaustive list of the information and questions that we would require the project to inform:
- Please explain your business model
- Has your project conducted an ICO or pre-sale? If so what was the token distribution? Please also state the current token distribution
- What is the inflationary or deflationary model of your ecosystem? Do you have other models such as buyback program or token burn (gradual decrease of tokens available)?
- Who do you benchmark against? Please name your competitors
- Is your asset currently listed on other platforms? If so, please name the number of exchanges that support the asset
The management and activity of blockchain communities are key factors that must be considered under the Gatecoin listing framework. Here is a non-exhaustive list of the information and questions we would require the project to address:
- If you already have a working application, how many active users do you have?
- What is the size of your community? Please provide links to your main social media accounts
- What is your strategic plan to grow your community?
Legal & Compliance
Gatecoin has a comprehensive Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Know-Your-Customer (KYC) and due diligence policies for projects. It is important for us to understand the legal framework of your project and to ensure that your project will proceed in accordance with the legal framework. Here is a non-exhaustive list of the information and questions we would require the project to address:
- Do you have an in-house lawyer? If not, please provide the name of your legal consultancy firm
- What is the legal status of your company? Please name the legal entities that are involved in the project development
Token Sale Structure
The token sale structure is the fundamental basis of all projects. Gatecoin will evaluate the model, caps, token sale allocation, lockup periods and bonuses to ensure they are applicable to your project. Here is a non-exhaustive list of the information and questions we would require the project to address:
- Has your project conducted an ICO, equity fundraising or any other open-source structures (donations)?
- If so, how much did you raise for your project and what was the percentage of the hard cap that was reached?
- Please confirm your funding structure: Funding rounds, Sale structure, Bonus structure (seed, private, pre-sale, public sale)
It is highly recommended for most projects to have dedicated market makers in place to provide a healthy ecosystem to the token/coin (provide liquidity, reduce spread, prevent heavy market manipulation). Here is a non-exhaustive list of the information and questions we would require the project to address:
- Please confirm if you are able to provide sufficient liquidity to your assets, internally or via external market making partners
- Please name your market making partners
Team and Advisors
Every business needs a trusted team and external advisors. Gatecoin will assess the strategic objectives and decision making behind the project, to understand the vision and mission of the team. Here is a non-exhaustive list of the information and questions we would require the project to address:
- Please provide the names, short description and LinkedIn profiles of the founders and leadership team members
- Please state the number of full-time employees working for your project
- Please provide the names, short description and LinkedIn profiles of your advisors, explain their duties and commitment to the project
- Name your leading investors (VCs, High Networth individuals, business angels...)
- List of partnerships in the blockchain industry
- List of partnerships from other industries
A token/coin must satisfactorily complete the full review before being listed. If the asset meets all our requirements and matches our general timeline and strategy, we shall move forward with the listing and conclude a listing agreement with the team.
Please feel free to contact us if you have additional feedback or remarks about our listing framework at email@example.com.