If you would like to trade cryptocurrencies and tokens on Gatecoin using fiat currency, you will first need to deposit funds in HKD/USD/EUR to your Gatecoin account. Here's how to transfer funds to Gatecoin:
1. Login to Gatecoin, and Click on "Deposit"
2. Go to 'Deposit Funds' and select HKD/USD/EUR and your current location.
3. You will then see Gatecoin's bank account details and instructions for you to process an e-banking or wire transfer based on your current location.
4. Once you have sent the transfer, please upload the receipt of the transaction in your Gatecoin account under "Submit" after clicking "Deposit":
- Attached screenshot of the online banking payment confirmation message
- Fill out the information including the currency, amount of the transfer, deposit date and sender’s name as it appears on the account statement
It may take up to two business days for us to process your bank transfer.
If you transferred funds to our bank account in the afternoon, evening or weekend, this will begin to be processed on the next business day as it needs to be confirmed by your bank, our bank and then credited to your Gatecoin account.
For example, a HKD deposit sent to our bank account at 3pm HKT on Wednesday may not be credited to your Gatecoin account until Friday at 12pm HKT.
We are working to find faster solutions, but unfortunately, the legacy banking system still requires manual processing of transfers due to KYC/AML compliance. Very few banks offer APIs…
For Hong Kong residents/visitors, we’d like to make it clear that we do not accept cash deposits at our office or through ATM machines. We also do not accept local ATM transfers and making deposit at the counter anymore, as they are harder to reconcile. Clients who do not use the payment methods we supported, will have to pay for an administration fee of:
- USD 20 for deposits of USD 20 - 200
- 10% of the deposit amount (with a maximum of USD150) for deposits of over USD 200
Besides the administration fee, the client has to provide a proof before we can release the funds(a bank statement or a screenshot of their online banking) clearly showing the following information:
1. Account name
2. Account number
3. The debit record of the deposit
Please note: Gatecoin's service provider will not release the funds if the above info is not provided.