If you would like to trade cryptocurrencies and tokens on Gatecoin using fiat currency, you will first need to deposit funds in HKD/USD/EUR to your Gatecoin account. Here's how to transfer funds to Gatecoin:
1. Login to Gatecoin, and Click on "Deposit"
2. Go to 'Deposit Funds' and select HKD/USD/EUR and your current location.
3. You will then see Gatecoin's bank account details and instructions for you to process an e-banking or wire transfer based on your current location.
4. Once you have sent the transfer, please email a receipt of the transaction to email@example.com, with the following information:
- Attached screenshot of the online banking payment confirmation message
- Email subject including the currency and amount of the transfer, the payment date and the sender’s name as it appears on the account statement
E.g. Subject: HKD 20,000 / 9 June 2017 / Sean LEE
It may take up to two business days for us to process your bank transfer.
If you transferred funds to our bank account in the afternoon, evening or weekend, this will begin to be processed on the next business day as it needs to be confirmed by your bank, our bank and then credited to your Gatecoin account.
For example, a HKD deposit sent to our bank account at 3pm HKT on Wednesday may not be credited to your Gatecoin account until Friday at 12pm HKT.
We are working to find faster solutions, but unfortunately, the legacy banking system still requires manual processing of transfers due to KYC/AML compliance. Very few banks offer APIs…
For Hong Kong residents/visitors, we’d like to make it clear that we do not accept cash deposits at our office or through ATM machines. We also do not accept local ATM transfers anymore, as they are harder to reconcile.