Gatecoin requires all users to upload digital copies of the following documents to upgrade their account from unverified Tier 0 to verified Tier 1 status:
- Valid proof of ID (issued within the last 10 years)
- Valid proof of residence (dated within the last three months)
You will also need to complete the online version of our ‘source of funds questionnaire.’
If you cannot provide a proof of ID or residence in English, we accept documents in any language as long as they are issued by trustworthy entities such as government departments, utility companies, banks etc.
Documents accepted as proof of ID:
- Government-issued photo ID
- Driver’s Licenses (ONLY for listed countries, please check here)
All ID documents should display:
- Your full name
- Date of birth
- Your photo
- Date of issuance (within the last 10 years)
- Date of expiry (if applicable)
- The picture should be sharp
Documents accepted as proof of residence:
- Utility bill
- Telephone/ Internet bill
- Bank statement
- Government issued letter or notice
All proof of address documents should display:
- The date of the document (must be dated within last 3 months)
- Your full name
- Your full address (this must match with the address in our records)
- The picture should not be cropped
- The picture should not be a screen shot from any devices
- Clear and visible logo of the issuer
We do not accept copies of addresses written in passports or ID cards as proof of address.
How long will it take Gatecoin to verify my account?
We process all verification requests within three business days. All validation requests submitted during weekends or public holidays will be processed on the next business day.