What is a corporate trading account on Gatecoin?
Corporate trading accounts are for users that would like to trade bitcoin and ethereum tokens on behalf of a company rather than an individual.
Corporate accounts will use a company bank account to process all fiat currency deposits and withdrawals.
How to open a corporate trading account on Gatecoin
If you already have a verified (tier 1) Gatecoin account you will need to request an upgrade to your account status to certified (tier 2) by emailing email@example.com.
If you do not already have an account on Gatecoin, then when creating an account please input your full name into the 'first name' section of the registration form and input your company name into the 'last name' box. You will then have to upload copies of your ID and proof of address. Once your account has been verified (tier 1) please email firstname.lastname@example.org to upgrade your account.
What documents do I need to provide to open a corporate account?
You will need to provide hard copies of the following documents by registered mail or in person:
Completed forms provided by Gatecoin:
- Resolution of the Board of Directors to open an account on Gatecoin identifying the persons who have authority to operate the account (Not necessary if you are 100% owner)
- Corporate information form
- Corporate source of funds questionnaire - must be manually signed
- Beneficial ownership schedule, including the percentage of shares of each shareholder
- Declaration of the directorship
Click here for soft copies of the forms to fill in, print and sign.
Certified true copies* of the original documents to be provided by your firm:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Updated Business Registration Certificate
- Articles of Incorporation, or Articles of Organization
- A copy of a company utility bill or bank statement
- Certified true copies of both an official ID and proof of residence from:
1. All the directors
2. All significant shareholders (>10%)
*Certified true copies of documents are usually provided by public notaries, lawyers, and CPA's. In some countries and states, you can request document certification from a district council, or the post office. Customers based in or visiting Hong Kong are welcome to come to our office in Sheung Wan and have their documents certified in person by our compliance team.